Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay: Rockstar’s Red Dead franchise has been one celebrated series of first-person open world video games and it seems that the next iteration of the franchise is dawning upon us as the game developers announced Red Dead Redemption 2 towards the end of last year. Now, the Red Dead series has already garnered critical acclaim on account of its game play and incredibly detailed story line. The last game, Red Dead Redemption, which was rolled out in 2010 bore significant improvements from its predecessor and there is no doubt in the fact that the next iteration is slated to sport further advancements on the gameplay front.
- The Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay will follow up on the basic setup followed by the previous games although with significant ramp ups in terms of detail and graphics. Considerin the fact that it is an open world, third-person, western, action-adventure game, the extensiveness of the game is certainly undefined which adds to its USP. 0
- Players interact with the environment and engage in combat with enemies, using various firearms.
- Different breeds of horses are the main forms of transportation, each with different attributes.
- Marston can utilize trains for quick travelling, but he can also stop the train by threatening or killing the passengers or driver.
The game's undeveloped land makes up the largest portion of the game world, featuring various rugged and vast landscapes with occasional travelers, bandits, and wildlife. Urban settlements range from isolated farmhouses to crowded towns. Besides the American West, the player can also traverse a fictional Mexican state bordering the United States just like the previous game.
RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 GAMEPLAY- NEW TWEAKS ADDED
- One of the major game play mechanics for Red Dead Redemption 2 is definitely guns and ammunition.
- The player can take cover, target a specific person or animal, blindfire, and free aim.
- Individual body parts can also be targeted, in order to take targets down non-lethally.
- When the player shoots an enemy, the game engine uniquely creates the AI reactions and movements depending on where they were hit.
- The player character can choose from period-accurate weapons including revolvers, pistols, lever or bolt-action rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, knives, explosives, lassos, mounted Gatling guns, and cannons.
- Further Red Dead Redemption 2 is also pegged to pack in premium ammunitions in the game itself which would have to be earned in some way by the player. However, further concrete details of the same will only be available once we see the game roll out.
Apart from the main storyline of Red Dead Redemption 2, players as the protagonists will witness and can take part in random events they encounter as they explore the game world including ublic hangings, ambushes, pleas for assistance, encounters with strangers, ride-by shootings, and dangerous animal attacks to cite a few.
RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 Multiplayer- NEW TWEAKS ADDED
Another important aspect pertaining to the Red Dead redemption 2 Gameplay is the Multiplayer mode slated to be offered by the game like its previous iteration.
- The game is slated to include an online multiplayer mode with a maximum of 16 players per session.
- Every multiplayer game, both free-for-all and team based, will begin with a Mexican standoff.
- Survivors of the standoff will be able to move to any part of the battlefield in preparation for respawning enemies.
- Crates in the environment contain extra weapons, ammo, and other powerups.
- Players can level up and complete weapon challenges which earn them rewards such as new character models, golden weapon skins, new titles, and new breeds of animal mounts.
Although these are just a few of the minor things expected from Red dead Redemption 2, we are quite sure that Rockstar are striving to incorporate more making the third iteration of the series the most successful one in the franchise.
Considering the fact that some components of Red Dead Redemption have been loosely based on Rockstar’s GTA franchise, the ‘modified wanted system’ is yet another highlight of what this game incorporates. Red Dead Redemption 2 will reportedly retain the system which acts quite a connection to the real-life scenarios adding to the realism of the game. The player can bribe them or kill them before they reach the station. If a crime is committed near a police officer, the wanted meter immediately appears along with a bounty count which increases with each crime committed.
What We can expect?
Considering the fact that technology has come a long way since 2010, Red Dead redemption 2 will definitely sport significant graphics improvements over the last iteration which wasn’t quite too sharp on the visual front. In the age of 4K resolution and VR gaming, we are certain that Red Dead Redemption would feature something out of the ordinary and offer the smoothest of game plays both technically and visually once it is rolled out by Rockstar Games in Q3 or Q4 2017.